Welcome to the NKEA
- As of August, 2016, it was uncertain exactly what date both states of Kentucky & Ohio would adopt the new 2017 Electrical Code. We remind you that the code compliance will be dictated by the building permit date & not the date on the electrical permit.
- Effective July 1st, 2016, Duke has made it mandatory that all self-contained meter bases be MEG approved. An entire MEG approved list can be found on the Duke Energy website. BE CAREFUL NOT TO USE METER BASES OUT OF YOUR OLD STOCK ON DUKE PROJECTS. We suggest you contact your local supply house to verify the meters they are selling you are MEG approved.
- Duke's Electric Service Manual (Red Book) is updated & can be viewed @ www.duke-energy.com
- For those individuals that will be taking the Kentucky Electrician or Master tests through Pearson Vue, note that if you do not pass but have a high enough test grade, Pearson Vue offers a two hour review session that will only show you the questions that you answered incorrectly in an effort to show you the areas that you may need more preparation. There is a fee for taking this review. We suggest any future test takers would be wise to inquire about this service in the event you fall into that category. All of Pearson Vue's contact info can be found on our Licensing Page. Please contact them for more information.
- Note the NKEA has a new address that can be found at the bottom of each page.
- For the 2016/2017 education schedule, all classes will be held in the Gateway Community College - Boone Campus north (Center for Advanced Manufacturing) building in room B104B.
- Please see the Education Page for the updated class schedule & Registration form.
|Managing Member||Mark Kramer|
|Managing Member||Tom Studer|